Monday, July 6, 2009

iTunes U

Best of iTunes U

On the sited website I found information dealing with what iTunes University is. iTunes University was developed to enable students from all around the world to be connected to different universities. by doing this universities can post audio and visual educational material to the iTunes site and it then become available to anynoe who is searching.

Students can use this site to their advantage by being able to still be caught up in classwork even if they miss a class period. Students can also use it to visit other univerisities they do not attend to see how their courses stack up compared to others. Teachers can use this site to post their lecture on so that students can have access to them even after class is over.

I could see me as a teacher and a student using this technology to try to futher my education. As a teacher i oculd use iTunes University to look in on other teachers and get different ideas from some of their lectures or I could,as a student, use this technology to help me with different assignments including projects and homework by listening or watching different lectures and getting examples from them.

1 comment:

  1. You need to work on your writing. I have intended to rewrite earlier posts to show you how they could be improved, but have not. So here is my critique of this post. My complete rewrite is found at the end of this comment.

    On the sited [should be cited] website I found information [add: about iTunesU. and OMIT rest of this sentence. dealing with what iTunes University is. Substitute this sentence for your next two sentences. Note that you did not capitalize the first letter of the second sentence and that you misspelled anyone: ITunesU was developed to distribute audio and video materials produced by universities, museums and other educational organizations. iTunes University was developed to enable students from all around the world to be connected to different universities. by doing this universities can post audio and visual educational material to the iTunes site and it then become available to anynoe who is searching.

    Rewrite this sentence: Students can use this site to their advantage by being able to still be caught up in classwork even if they miss a class period. Here is my rewrite: If students miss a class and the materials are on iTunes, students can stay current in their course. Rewrite this sentence: Students can also use it to visit other univerisities [NOTE: misspelled -should be universities] they do not attend to see how their courses stack up compared to others. This is my rewrite: Students can watch or listen to classes at several universities and can compare those classes to the classes at their college. Teachers can use this site to post their lecture [should be lectures] on so that students can have access to them even after class is over.

    [ Rewrite this sentence: I could see me as a teacher and a student using this technology to try to futher my education. Note that further is misspelled. Here is my rewrite: ] As a teacher i oculd [ should be I could] use iTunes University to REPLACE look in on with observe] other teachers and get different ideas from some of their lectures or I could,[need space after the comma]as a student, use this technology to help me with different assignments including projects and homework[end sentence here]. [Omit rest of sentence] by listening or watching different lectures and getting examples from them.

    Here is my rewrite of your entire post:
    On the cited website I found information about iTunesU. ITunesU was developed to distribute audio and video materials produced by universities, museums and other educational organizations.

    If students miss a class and the materials are on iTunes, students can stay current in their course. Students can watch or listen to classes at several universities and can compare those classes to the classes at their college. Teachers can use this site to post their lectures on so that students can have access to them even after class is over.

    As a teacher I could use iTunes University to observe other teachers and get different ideas from some of their lectures or I could, as a student, use this technology to help me with different assignments including projects and homework.

    ReplyDelete